For guidance on how to add your own tracking number and use your own shipping label, click here.
Why should I add free or discounted shipping to my listings?
- 2 out of 3 customers expect free shipping on all online orders
- Shipping costs are the #1 reason customers abandon checkout
- "Shipping is too expensive" is the number one complaint we hear from SidelineSwap customers
- Due to recent rate changes, shipping costs for hockey sticks, baseball bats, golf clubs and other long items have increased significantly
- Items with discounted shipping on SidelineSwap (aka at least $3 cheaper than our fixed rate shipping costs) get preference in search results
How do I add free shipping or discounted shipping to my item?
From the edit listing page, make sure that your item has SidelineSwap's default weight and dimensions. If it does, you'll see the option to apply a shipping discount of $3, $6, $12, or to offer free shipping to your buyer. As you browse the different options, you'll see how much you, as the seller, will contribute to the shipping cost.
For categories that do not offer a fixed rate shipping cost, you can still offer your buyers free shipping. For these items, you'll see a range of how much you could be charged for shipping. If for some reason the shipping cost exceeds the high end of that range, your buyer will cover the difference in that cost. You can see which items have fixed rate shipping costs and what those rates are here.
Please note, free shipping is currently only offered domestically. A Canadian seller cannot offer a US buyer free shipping and vice versa.