SidelineSwap is a great place to buy and sell new or used poles. We know that packaging ski poles can be a challenge so we wanted to offer you a few tips to help you ship yours safely and efficiently.
Materials You'll Need
- A telescoping box, which is height adjustable, is the most popular option for shipping poles and is recommended by our Seller Assist Team. A (10" x 6" x 57" - 108") OR 48" x 6" x 6" telescoping box can be found at FedEx or at your local ski shop/hardware store
- Quality packing tape, available at FedEx or available at any office supply store or general merchandise store (i.e. Target, Walmart)
- Newspaper or old magazines
- Four rubber bands, available any office supply store or general merchandise store (i.e. Target, Walmart)
- As an alternative to a telescoping box, you may use bubble wrap, which is available at FedEx, any office supply store, or general merchandise store (i.e. Target, Walmart).
- Local ski shops are often willing to provide free ski or pole specific packaging.
Package Your Poles
1. Place two rubber bands around the base (by the baskets) and two on the top of the poles (underneath the handles) to keep them together.
2. If you're using a telescoping box or mailing box, stuff the bottom with newspaper or crumpled magazines to add extra padding and keep the poles in place.
If you're using bubble wrap instead of a box, wrap the poles tightly with a lot of bubble wrap (wrap around the poles at least three full times) and packaging tape. Please ensure that there is enough padding to withstand standard in-transit bumping and banging.
3. Place the poles in the smaller part of the telescoping box or mailing box and stuff additional magazine sheets or newspaper around the handles to keep them in place.
If you're using a telescoping box, place the larger box over the smaller box and push it down until it touches the poles. Tape around either box a few times to ensure that it will stay closed during transit.
4. Attach the shipping label to the package and send the poles to their new owner!