Buyers are usually looking for one of two things on SidelineSwap, great deals and unique gear.
Communication is the most important piece to being a good seller.
Respond to inquiring buyers as soon as possible to increase your likelihood of making a sale.
- After making a sale, always let your buyer know when their purchase will be shipped.
- Keep all communications on SidelineSwap. It’s the only way we can provide security on a transaction, for both Buyer and Seller. SidelineSwap reserves the right to suspend or remove an account that repeatedly attempts to take communications off the platform.
Buyers on SidelineSwap are always looking for a good deal. Price your items well to make sure they sell quickly.
- Google your item and find the lowest available retail price online
- If lightly used, consider pricing your item AT LEAST 50% off retail
- If brand new, consider pricing your item AT LEAST 25% off retail
Photos matter. A few extra seconds of preparation go a long way. Great photos mean more sales.
- Quantity and quality matter
- Take lots of photos, even with brand new items!
- Take photos with a solid (one-color) background and good lighting. Natural light is best.
- Take pictures of the item from every conceivable angle
- If there is an issue with the item, include a specific picture (fraying, tears, etc.)
- A Buyer should never be asking for additional pictures
- Do NOT post stock, generic online photos. Post ACTUAL pictures of the exact item you’re selling
- Here are some examples below
Buyers want to know all the details before pulling the trigger, so the more information you provide the better.
- There is no such thing as too thorough!
- Explain when the item was purchased and how many times it was used
- Describe the condition in detail. (See Seller Integrity below: be honest about condition)
- When relevant, elaborate on item significance (Used in 2014 National Championship game, Limited Edition, Deadstock, Prostock, etc.)
- Many buyers will want to know why you’re selling… Not the right fit or style? Done with the sport? Etc.
- Be sure to include sizing, when relevant
SidelineSwap provides Sellers with prepaid shipping labels. All you need to do is print, pack, and ship.
- Buyers pay for shipping. Buyers will see the cost of shipping during the checkout process BEFORE making a payment.
- SidelineSwap cannot waive the shipping cost.
- The cost of postage is determined by the weight and dimensions of the item as well as the distance between the seller and buyer.
- Entering unnecessarily large dimensions and weight can work against a Seller. That means a Buyer will have to put more money towards shipping than they might otherwise want to put towards the Seller's item.
- Entering unnecessarily small dimensions and weight can also be problematic. The shipping service may reject a package if the weight on the shipping label is below the weight of the package.
Selling on SidelineSwap can be as easy as receiving a payment and printing a label, but often Buyers have some questions. We make it easy to negotiate and ask questions through the SidelineSwap offer process.
- Buyers can purchase items at the listed price at any time.
- Buyers can also send messages and make offers below the asking price.
- Respond to all inquiries in a civil manner. (See below)
- Always respond. If you feel that a user is lowballing you, instead of ignoring them you should respectfully communicate that you’re looking for a better offer. Often, they’ll up their ante.
- Keep all communications on SidelineSwap. It’s the only way we can provide security on a transaction, for both Buyer and Seller.
Everyone loves payday. Sellers on SidelineSwap get that feeling all the time.
- All Sellers have a SidelineSwap Seller Dashboard. When an item sells, the payment will appear there.
When your item sells, the payment will appear there. The funds are held in the seller’s “Pending” balance until buyer approves the order or 72 hours after the item’s been delivered.
- We track the shipment and release the funds to the Seller’s “Available Balance” once it’s arrived and cleared a 3-day dispute window.
- Funds in the available balance can be “cashed out” directly to the Seller’s bank account. All bank and payment information is handled securely by our partner, Payoneer.
- First-time payouts generally take 1-2 business days to process. All subsequent payouts take no longer than 1 business day.
- If the funds move back to your available balance after you’ve attempted to cash out, that means you’ve input invalid banking information. Please click “Edit Bank Account” underneath your saved bank info and submit valid bank information.
- Our mission at SidelineSwap is to make sports more affordable. To do this, we connect athletes so that they can find great deals on new and used equipment, and turn their extra gear into cash. We rely on our Sellers to fulfill that mission.
- Sellers develop a reputation very quickly on site. Your reputation matters.
- Be responsive, communicative, honest, and fair. If you're all of these things, you’ll find it much easier to sell.
- Make it your mission to ship as quickly as possible.
- Communicate early and often regarding the status of your order.
- As soon as a Buyer has purchased your item, give them an approximate shipping date. Keep them in the loop in case that date changes.
- If a Buyer has purchased an item you no longer possess or an item that is no longer in its advertised condition, message the buyer first with an eye towards coming to a resolution then and there. (Perhaps you have another item to offer the Buyer.) Once you’ve settled on a course of action with the Buyer, then contact SidelineSwap via live chat or by email.
Additional Seller Expectations
- As a Seller on SidelineSwap, you are expected to keep your locker up to date. If you’ve sold/traded an item off-site or if you’ve used an item that you previously advertised as “brand new,” you’re expected to update your locker and items accordingly.
- SidelineSwap’s priority is to ensure a positive selling and buying experience. If we’re made aware of a Seller creating negative buying experiences (and vice versa), we will handle the situation accordingly. SidelineSwap reserves the right to suspend or deactivate a Seller’s account for a poor selling/shipping record.
Additional Shipping Tips
- SidelineSwap’s prepaid shipping label covers the entire cost of shipping. You can use any box or packaging you may have lying around the house to ship your item. Make sure you’ve packaged your item as securely as possible.
- Note for U.S. Sellers: Do NOT use flat rate USPS shipping boxes. Your package will be returned to the sender.