SidelineSwap is not a curated marketplace. However, for a variety of reasons, we prohibit certain types of items from being listed on SidelineSwap. Some items present legal risks to our community; others are inconsistent with our values, are harmful to our members, or simply are not in the spirit of SidelineSwap. Any listings in the categories outlined below will be deleted. Members who repeatedly attempt to sell such items risk permanent suspension from SidelineSwap.
The following types of items are prohibited or restricted on SidelineSwap:
1. Alcohol, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Medical Drugs
Alcohol and drugs are prohibited on SidelineSwap. These substances face serious legal restrictions and in many cases are considered controlled substances under applicable law. Our policy also applies to other substances that have or are claimed to have an intoxicating or healing effect. Possible legal restrictions aside, these substances are not in the spirit of SidelineSwap and we therefore do not allow them.
The following are examples of items that may not be sold on SidelineSwap:
- Drugs and certain herbal substances, including substances used for recreational and medicinal purposes, regardless of their legality.
- Drug paraphernalia, including, for example: items with a carburetor; slides and/or items with a slide; bongs and bubblers; vaporizers and their components.
- Medical drugs and pharmaceuticals.
2. Dangerous Items: Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items, and Weapons
For safety reasons and due to complex legal regulations surrounding certain items, we ask that our members not sell items that could be considered dangerous.
Context matters when it comes to defining what is or is not a weapon. When in doubt, it’s safe to assume that we won’t allow any tool or instrument that is intended to be used as a weapon to inflict harm on a person. The following items are generally not allowed on SidelineSwap:
- Guns, knives, or other blatant weapons, even if they are vintage
- Imitation weapons that look real or are prohibited by US law.
3. Hate Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Hatred
We want SidelineSwap to be a community where people of all backgrounds, nationalities, religions, and political affiliations feel welcome.
SidelineSwap does not allow items or listings that promote, support or glorify hatred toward people or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation (collectively, “protected groups”) or items or content that promote organizations or people with such views.
The following items are not allowed on SidelineSwap:
- Items that support or commemorate current or historical hate groups, including propaganda or collectibles. Examples of hate groups include Nazi or Neo-Nazi groups, Ku Klux Klan (KKK) groups, white supremacist groups, misogynist groups, or groups that advocate an anti-gay, anti-immigrant, or Holocaust denial agenda.
- Items that contain racial slurs or derogatory terms in reference to protected groups.
4. Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity, and Highly Regulated Items
We respect the law and expect SidelineSwap Sellers to respect the law as well.
Illegal items and items that promote illegal activity, including counterfeit or stolen items, are generally not allowed on SidelineSwap. Neither are certain items that are subject to complex legal regulations or registration systems. What is legal in one country may be illegal in another. All forms of illegal activity are strictly prohibited. In addition, listings may not facilitate or promote illegal acts through images or descriptions.
5. Internationally Regulated Items
SidelineSwap provides a direct connection between Buyers and Sellers around the world. If you buy or sell an item from another country, or if you enter into a transaction with someone across international borders, you are responsible for complying with laws and regulations of the country of destination as well as your local laws.
SidelineSwap restricts the sale of pornographic material.
Pornography of any sort is prohibited on SidelineSwap, whereas mature content is restricted.
Although pornography can be difficult to define, an item generally qualifies as pornography when it is a particularly extreme or explicit version of mature content.
We define mature content as depictions of male or female genitalia, sexual activity or content, profane language, violent images (within reason; see also Violent Items), and explicit types or representations of taxidermy.
7. Violent Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Violence
We want SidelineSwap to be a safe place for everyone.
We do not allow Items or listings that promote, support or glorify acts of violence or harm towards self or others, including credible threats of harm or violence towards self or others.
The following items are not allowed on SidelineSwap:
- Items that glorify human suffering or tragedies, including items that commemorate or honor serial killers
- Items that attempt to exploit natural disasters or human tragedies
- Items that encourage, glorify, or celebrate acts of violence against individuals or groups
- Items that encourage self-mutilation, starvation, or other self-harm
8. Items that cannot be shipped using Priority Mail per USPS regulations
This includes nail polish, perfumes aerosols, air bags, and gasoline. Click here for more information on what cannot be shipped.
9. Other prohibited items
We do not condone the buying or selling of electronics, cell phones, DVDs, furniture, appliances, used makeup, used underwear, any health and wellness products (examples include lotions, body wash, diet supplements, protein powder, body wraps, breast pumps, curling irons and hair straighteners), non-fashion kids/baby items (examples include but are not limited to toys, strollers, bottles, formula, diapers and miscellaneous gear) and current airline and airport uniforms and related items (which include pilot, flight attendant, TSA, baggage attendant gate agents and all other flight and ground crew uniforms). Any listings in these categories will be deleted. Members who repeatedly attempt to sell such items risk permanent suspension from SidelineSwap.